CPDwise.com certificate for each course completed.
- Discounted Online Courses
- Regulatory Environment
- Accountants Ireland
- UK Compliance Courses
- Irish Law
- Anti Money Laundering
- Risk Management
- Islamic Banking
- UK Law
- Data Protection
- Credit Risk Analysis
- Effective Manager
- Project Management Fundamentals
- Company Secretarial
- Project Management Professional
- Project Finance
- Corporate Governance
- Social Media
- EU Regulation
- Dodd-Frank Act
- Workplace Awareness
- Accounting and Valuation
- Introduction to Investment
- Introduction to Financial Markets
- Budgeting and Financial Management
- Financial Analysis
- Corporate Finance
- Sales Skills
- Corporate Valuation
- Portfolio Theory
- Economic and Technical Analysis
Business Finance CPD Online Course Description
Evaluating Capital Investment Decisions
When evaluating capital budgeting projects, it is important to be able to compare alternatives using an objective yardstick, regardless of the pattern of the cashflows that result from each alternative. Net present value (NPV) is generally agreed to be the preferred model for evaluating projects. But, while focusing significantly on discounted cashflow analysis, such as NPV, this tutorial also examines alternative techniques such as the accounting rate of return and the payback/discounted payback methodology. Although not as theoretically sound as NPV, these models nonetheless are still widely-used today, often in conjunction with NPV analysis.
On completion you will be able to:
- Define capital investment and understand how the cashflows of an investment project differ from its accounting profits
- Calculate the accounting rate of return and appreciate its deficiencies
- Use both the payback and discounted payback methods to evaluate an investment decision and identify the problems with these methods
- Appreciate why discounted cashflow is the preferred investment appraisal technique for most corporations
This short online course can be purchased individually or as part of the following discount scheme(s).
Once purchased, you will have access to this course for 365 Days.
|Duration: 1.5 hours||CPD units: 1.50|
Related CPD Courses
- Cash Management
- Corporate Finance An Introduction
- Cost of Capital
- Dividend Policy
- Measuring Business Performance Economic Profit
- Measuring Business Performance Free Cash Flow
- Mergers and Acquisitions
Providing online courses since 2007!
Members in more than 30 countries!
Provided thousands of hours of courses!
Enter your e-mail address to subscribe: